To ensure that you arrive prepared and know what to expect, we compiled a list of what you can and can not bring that you can use as a checklist to prepare for your stay here with us.
- One to two weeks of comfortable wash and wear clothing. Appropriate attire consists of jeans, casual slacks, T-shirts, *tank tops, skirts and dresses (must be knee-length or longer), sweatshirts, sweaters, and jogging suits. Lightweight jackets are recommended year-round, and heavier jackets are recommended during colder months.
- All clients are expected to dress modestly
- Bathing suits – board shorts or swim trunks for the guys and one or two-piece bathing suits for females (full cut bottoms)
- Exercise clothing and exercise shoes
- Sunglasses and hat/visor
*Please note: We require that tank tops be four fingers width for men and women. If they are not, then a sweater must be worn over top.
- Cell phone – we recommend you bring your cell phone for travel to us, but your cell phone will be locked away when you arrive at Mending Fences.
- Phone Room Access – Clients will have phone access for 15 minutes per day following a 3 days blackout period.
- Insurance card and identification (Driver’s license or government-issued ID).
- iPod, CD player or mp3 players are permitted only in certain places (device must have no camera!).
- Other electrical items: hairdryers, curling irons, or electric shavers will be checked for safety upon arrival.
- If you smoke cigarettes, bring your own (however, you will be able to purchase them with your spending money when you are here).
- Only UNOPENED, DISPOSABLE vapes allowed (any open cartridges, juices, etc, will be confiscated).
- Extra spending money for cigarettes, snacks at the movies, bowling, etc. ($200 recommended)
- Umbrella or poncho (rain is inevitable in Florida)
What Not To Bring
The success, safety, and confidentiality of our clients are very important to us. During your stay, you will be expected to adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by the clinical staff to ensure your safety as well as those around you. When you arrive at Mending Fences, our staff will check you and your personal belongings as part of our procedure. We ask that you leave the following items at home:
- Alcohol or drug products (products containing any % of or ingredient alcohol)
- Weapons or firearms
- Valuables (Expensive jewelry, large amounts of cash)
- Cameras or audio/video recording devices
- Aerosol spray products – hair spray, spray deodorant, etc.
- Candles and incense
- Pornographic materials
- DVD Players
- Video games